Robben Island Guest Housebuilt in 1894
The Robben Island Guest House was built in 1894 for the local chaplain of the Dutch Reformed Church. At some point it also served as the British Commissioner's Residence. The Victorian styled house boasts superb views and has an intimate enclosed observation deck on the roof.
- Decimal degrees: -33.813728 (Latitude) 18.380562 (Longitude)
- Degrees, Minutes & Seconds: S33 48 49 (Latitude) E18 22 50 (Longitude)
- GPS: S 33 48.824 (Latitude) E 18 22.834 (Longitude)
- UTM: 34S 257541 (X) 6255412 (Y)
- Above sea level: 33 ft / 10 m
... also on Robben Island.
- Robben Island Museum. 2009. Robben Island. http://www.robben-island.org.za (accessed 12 March 2013).