Cornelia Battery Observation Post
The Cornelia Battery Observation Post served as an observation or radar post. It was important for target acquisition, observing the fall of shot and providing feedback to the gunners of the Cornelia Battery Gun emplacements.
- Decimal degrees: -33.79452 (Latitude) 18.37054 (Longitude)
- Degrees, Minutes & Seconds: S33 47 40 (Latitude) E18 22 13 (Longitude)
- GPS: S 33 47.671 (Latitude) E 18 22.232 (Longitude)
- UTM: 34S 256559 (X) 6257518 (Y)
- Above sea level: 49 ft / 15 m
... also on Robben Island.
- University of Cape Town. 2001. Phase 1 Archaeological assessment of Robben Island world heritage site. Rondebosch: Archaeology Contracts Office, Department of Archaeology.