Duncan Dockbuilt to accommodate larger vessels
Work on the Duncan Dock commenced in May 1938 and was completed in 1945. It was built to accommodate larger vessels.
The Duncan Dock contains the multi-purpose and fruit terminals as well as the Sturrock Dry Dock, repair quay and tanker basin.
Work on the Duncan Dock in 1939 (photo: Public Domain)
Port of Cape Town (photo: Public Domain)
- Decimal degrees: -33.912859 (Latitude) 18.435388 (Longitude)
- Degrees, Minutes & Seconds: S33 54 46 (Latitude) E18 26 07 (Longitude)
- GPS: S 33 54.772 (Latitude) E 18 26.123 (Longitude)
- UTM: 34S 262892 (X) 6244544 (Y)
Duncan Road, Foreshore, Cape Town
... also in the Foreshore.
- Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia. 2012. Sv. 'Port of Cape Town'. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Port_of_Cape_Town (accessed 23 December 2012).