The Pump House was named as such because it is used to pump water from the Robinson Dry Dock in the Victoria & Alfred Waterfront. It is also the building where the first dynamo was installed to help illuminate Table Bay Harbour, 10 years before the rest of Cape Town.
The building dates back to 1892.
- Decimal degrees: -33.906639 (Latitude) 18.419185 (Longitude)
- Degrees, Minutes & Seconds: S33 54 23 (Latitude) E18 25 09 (Longitude)
- GPS: S 33 54.398 (Latitude) E 18 25.151 (Longitude)
- UTM: 34S 261376 (X) 6245196 (Y)
... also in the Victoria & Alfred Waterfront.
- The Cape Argus. 1882.
- The Cape Times. 1882.
- Cape Colonial Parliament. 1882. Harbour Board Report.