Robben Island Airfield
The Robben Island airfield was used by the Apartheid government to transport prison officials to and from the island. Nelson Mandela was also brought to the island on a chartered Dakota airplane.
Currently the airfield is only used to transport VIP guests such as visiting heads of state.
- Decimal degrees: -33.800476 (Latitude) 18.363819 (Longitude)
- Degrees, Minutes & Seconds: S33 48 01 (Latitude) E18 21 49 (Longitude)
- GPS: S 33 48.029 (Latitude) E 18 21.829 (Longitude)
- UTM: 34S 255954 (X) 6256842 (Y)
- Above sea level: 36 ft / 11 m
... also on Robben Island.
- Robben Island Museum. 2009. Robben Island. http://www.robben-island.org.za (accessed 3 February 2015).