Robben Island World War 2 Concrete Machine Gun Post
A cast concrete machine gun post with three gun ports. One of the many on the island. This one faces owards Table Bay.
- Decimal degrees: -33.81421 (Latitude) 18.36732 (Longitude)
- Degrees, Minutes & Seconds: S33 48 51 (Latitude) E18 22 02 (Longitude)
- GPS: S 33 48.853 (Latitude) E 18 22.039 (Longitude)
- UTM: 34S 256317 (X) 6255327 (Y)
- Above sea level: 59 ft / 18 m
... also on Robben Island.
- University of Cape Town. 2001. Phase 1 Archaeological assessment of Robben Island world heritage site. Rondebosch: Archaeology Contracts Office, Department of Archaeology.