Robben Island World War 2 Inland Machine Gun Post
A cast concrete machine gun post with it’s three gun ports, located in the interior of the island – part of a second level of defense from the coast during Word War 2.
- Decimal degrees: -33.8071 (Latitude) 18.36924 (Longitude)
- Degrees, Minutes & Seconds: S33 48 25 (Latitude) E18 22 09 (Longitude)
- GPS: S 33 48.426 (Latitude) E 18 22.154 (Longitude)
- UTM: 34S 256474 (X) 6256120 (Y)
- Above sea level: 62 ft / 19 m
... also on Robben Island.
- University of Cape Town. 2001. Phase 1 Archaeological assessment of Robben Island world heritage site. Rondebosch: Archaeology Contracts Office, Department of Archaeology.