Robben Island Cape Corps Memorialonly site on the island commemorating World War 2 personnel
A cement and shell commemorative feature, decorated with sea shells and engraved with names and numbers of members of the Cape Corps stationed on Robben Island during Word War 2.
It is the only such feature on the island commemorating Word War 2 personnel.
Robben Island Cape Corps Memorial (photo: University of Cape Town)
- Decimal degrees: -33.81408 (Latitude) 18.36861 (Longitude)
- Degrees, Minutes & Seconds: S33 48 50 (Latitude) E18 22 06 (Longitude)
- GPS: S 33 48.845 (Latitude) E 18 22.117 (Longitude)
- UTM: 34S 256436 (X) 6255344 (Y)
- Above sea level: 52 ft / 16 m
... also on Robben Island.
- University of Cape Town. 2001. Phase 1 Archaeological assessment of Robben Island world heritage site. Rondebosch: Archaeology Contracts Office, Department of Archaeology.