Moturu Kramatbuilt to commemorate Sayed Adurohman Moturu
The Moturu Kramat is a sacred site for Muslims on Robben Island, built in 1969 to commemorate Sayed Adurohman Moturu, the Prince of Madura. Moturu, one of Cape Town's first imans, was exiled to the island in the mid 1740s and died there in 1754.
- Decimal degrees: -33.798684 (Latitude) 18.3715632 (Longitude)
- Degrees, Minutes & Seconds: S33 47 55 (Latitude) E18 22 17 (Longitude)
- GPS: S 33 47.921 (Latitude) E 18 22.294 (Longitude)
- UTM: 34S 256666 (X) 6257059 (Y)
- Above sea level: 39 ft / 12 m
... also on Robben Island.
- Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia. 2013. Sv. 'Robben Island'. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robben_Island (accessed 29 April 2013).