National Sea Rescue Institute Station 3 Table Bay Boathousewhere the first port lifeboat was housed
The first port lifeboat was housed at this boathouse in 1898. It is Station 3 of the National Sea Rescue Institute (NSRI) in Victoria & Alfred Waterfront, Table Bay, Cape Town.
Members of the NSRI all work on a voluntary basis. The organisation came into being in 1967 and runs on corporate sponsorships as well as a number of fund raising activities. The NSRI have a shop in the Victoria & Alfred Waterfront which raises funds for them.
NSRI Boathouse (photo: QVRP, Creative Commons license)
- Decimal degrees: -33.905594 (Latitude) 18.420494 (Longitude)
- Degrees, Minutes & Seconds: S33 54 20 (Latitude) E18 25 13 (Longitude)
- GPS: S 33 54.336 (Latitude) E 18 25.230 (Longitude)
- UTM: 34S 261494 (X) 6245315 (Y)
... also in the Victoria & Alfred Waterfront.
- QVRP. 2012. NSRI boathouse. QVRP.