Cornelia Battery Power Station
The Cornelia Battery power station provided power for the Cornelia Battery Gun emplacements, the Blouberg channel searchlights, and possibly aspects of the submarine detection cable system during World War 2.
- Decimal degrees: -33.79494 (Latitude) 18.3715 (Longitude)
- Degrees, Minutes & Seconds: S33 47 41 (Latitude) E18 22 17 (Longitude)
- GPS: S 33 47.696 (Latitude) E 18 22.290 (Longitude)
- UTM: 34S 256649 (X) 6257474 (Y)
- Above sea level: 36 ft / 11 m
... also on Robben Island.
- University of Cape Town. 2001. Phase 1 Archaeological assessment of Robben Island world heritage site. Rondebosch: Archaeology Contracts Office, Department of Archaeology.