Robben Island Celtic Crossthe unknown cross
It is not clear why this large wooden Celtic cross was erected. It is close to the staff graveyard. One source speculates that it might be associated with buildings known as Irish Town.
- Decimal degrees: -33.81417 (Latitude) 18.37822 (Longitude)
- Degrees, Minutes & Seconds: S33 48 51 (Latitude) E18 22 41 (Longitude)
- GPS: S 33 47.850 (Latitude) E 18 22.693 (Longitude)
- UTM: 34S 257326 (X) 6255357 (Y)
- Above sea level: 69 ft / 21 m
... also on Robben Island.
- University of Cape Town. 2001. Phase 1 Archaeological assessment of Robben Island world heritage site. Rondebosch: Archaeology Contracts Office, Department of Archaeology.