Robben Island Medium B Prison
The original building dates back to World War 2, but is today remembered for housing common prisoners during the Apartheid era.
All the windows af the prison were barred and the buildings were surrounded by a three metre high wall topped with barbed wire.
- Decimal degrees: -33.808196 (Latitude) 18.377455 (Longitude)
- Degrees, Minutes & Seconds: S33 48 29 (Latitude) E18 22 38 (Longitude)
- GPS: S 33 48.492 (Latitude) E 18 22.647 (Longitude)
- UTM: 34S 257238 (X) 6256018 (Y)
- Above sea level: 39 ft / 12 m
... also on Robben Island.
- Robben Island Museum. 2009. Robben Island. http://www.robben-island.org.za (accessed 14 April 2015).