Robben Island Searchlightan important aspect of World War 2 surveillance measures
A concrete search light position facing in a northeasterly direction over the Blouberg channel.
This searchlight, along with its sister light, was an important aspect of the World War 2 surveillance measures on the Blouberg Channel.
- Decimal degrees: -33.79323 (Latitude) 18.37373 (Longitude)
- Degrees, Minutes & Seconds: S33 47 35 (Latitude) E18 22 25 (Longitude)
- GPS: S 33 47.594 (Latitude) E 18 22.424 (Longitude)
- UTM: 34S 256851 (X) 6257669 (Y)
- Above sea level: 13 ft / 4 m
... also on Robben Island.
- University of Cape Town. 2001. Phase 1 Archaeological assessment of Robben Island world heritage site. Rondebosch: Archaeology Contracts Office, Department of Archaeology.