Robben Island World War 2 Observation Post
This World War 2 concrete observation post is also referred to as the technical hut for the underwater cables set up during World War 2. It played an important role in submarine detection in the Blouberg Channel.
The post was built on a mound that contains ruins of a previous structure.
- Decimal degrees: -33.80714 (Latitude) 18.37767 (Longitude)
- Degrees, Minutes & Seconds: S33 48 25 (Latitude) E18 22 39 (Longitude)
- GPS: S 33 48.428 (Latitude) E 18 22.660 (Longitude)
- UTM: 34S 257255 (X) 6256136 (Y)
- Above sea level: 39 ft / 12 m
... also on Robben Island.
- University of Cape Town. 2001. Phase 1 Archaeological assessment of Robben Island world heritage site. Rondebosch: Archaeology Contracts Office, Department of Archaeology.