It is unusual to get a close view of seals, as offshore islands are their preferred breeding grounds. A colony of Cape fur seals are however a familiar sight resting on the specially build seal landing behind the Two Oceans Aquarium and on old tyres lining the quaysides around the Victoria & Alfred Waterfront.
Seal Landing (photo: QVRP, Creative Commons license)
Waterfront seal (photo: QVRP, Creative Commons license)
- Decimal degrees: -33.906645 (Latitude) 18.42289 (Longitude)
- Degrees, Minutes & Seconds: S33 54 23 (Latitude) E18 25 22 (Longitude)
- GPS: S 33 54.399 (Latitude) E 18 25.373 (Longitude)
- UTM: 34S 261719 (X) 6245204 (Y)
... also in the Victoria & Alfred Waterfront.
- QVRP. 2012. Seal Landing, Waterfront Seal. QVRP.